Omega Codes: smart low-acuity management
A unique and effective management tool, for low-acuity cases (Omega codes): fast and efficient service, cost reduction, higher quality.
LowCode™ is the ultimate solution to one of the most critical emergency evaluation issues, an effective, fast and prestigious decision-making support.
- Emergency Response Centres
- “Doctor On Call” and “Non stop medical Services”
- GP and their aggregations
- Emergency Room Facilities
- Emergency Information Systems Providers
The White/Omega Code Problem
The Low-Acuity codes (or White/Omega Codes) make up a high percentage of emergency calls and of Emergency Room cases. Moreover, non-urgent cases require a significant amount of time, to assess the pathology and solve the problem. A poor case history and the fact that some low gravity pathologies are often overestimated and classified as Green Codes, further amplify the problem and can easily cause the saturation of facilities designed to manage actual emergencies.
The difficult issue in this matter is to keep the delicate balance between resource optimisation and quality of service.
The solution: LowCode™
LowCode™ is the effective solution for White/Omega Codes management. Its tools allow to establish a reliable correspondence between detected anamnesis and real medical needs. The evaluation time is significantly reduced, thanks to accurate assessment algorithms never limiting the operator’s professional skills in terms of decision making .
This means that patients receive a higher quality service, as they are directed towards the most competent, less saturated facilities. For the Healthcare System this translated into resources optimization, cost control and a standardised evaluation process, providing a precious asset of correctly classified case histories.
How it works:
- The software uses internationally valid algorithms to detect the actual health conditions of the patient.
- It works both ways: reduces the number of overestimated cases and detects the real emergency if a case has been underestimated.
- Employs ECNS (Emergency Communication Nurse System™) protocols
- Based on matrixes correlating caller interview stages with clinical info and instructions.
- Evaluation matrixes are adaptable to the specific context and can be tuned to the actual needs.
- The discretionality of the medical and paramedical staff is strongly encouraged, and evaluation autonomy is preserved.
- Each case is registered, both for its subsequent management and to increase the number of case histories needed for future evaluations.